Friday, April 8, 2011

It's a secret

I normally have a design in my head for months before I finish it. I'm telling ya...this is not normal. I was just sitting around the other day looking at my old art pictures and an idea popped into my head. "Hey, that would make a great stitch design!"  Of course it needed a lot of changes and had to be scaled down to a good size. Just out of nowhere my hands started flying and all these colors swam through my head. I had a new design in front of me and I had no idea where it came from. The last time this happened I designed 'Eventide Flora'. Eventide took me months to stitch because I kept putting it away to stitch something else. My newest "secret" design is almost done. I can't put it down. I haven't even shared it with family/ friends yet. I am obsessed with finishing this design.

Now, that you know what I have been up to...I have a question for you. Have you ever stitched something that you had a hard time putting down? A design so fascinating and fun that you couldn't wait to see what came next? Tell me about it!  I don't want to be the only one. LOL

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy making Firewing Designs signet dragons and find it hard to put them down, because each section is another part of it. I love seeing them come to life on my fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I have come across many patterns I couldn't put down. My current Lavendar and Lace is one of them. I'm curious to see your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a Firewing design but I do know what its like to to stitch a design like Lavender and Lace. For me it was Mirabilia designs. I loved stitching them. I am a huge fan of beads and metallics. lol

    ReplyDelete