Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Changing of Seasons

My ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) is acting up. It always does this at the changing of the seasons and about smack dab in the middle of a season. I have four (4) works in progress right now. One of them is Halloween. Yes, I said HALLOWEEN! I really enjoy stitching on it but decided today I had to put it away. I still have at least a couple of weeks stitching on it and that time could be better spent stitching something that could be released now. Speaking of Halloween...I already have two patterns pretty much done for the Holiday. Just have to make the models.

So, I decided I wanted to attempt to make a sampler. Yes, I already have a sampler pattern out there...but I wouldn't call it a true sampler. Two things made me decide I wanted to try to make my own. First, I received new colors from The Gentle Art. These colors are BEAUTIFUL and will be released at TNNA Nashville market. I can't tell you what they look like. I am sworn to secrecy. Second, while surfing the web, I came across a website that sells antique samplers.One of the samplers (of course it had to be my favorite) is for sale. That's the good thing. The bad thing is it costs $35,000. YIKES! Yes, I am going to attempt to make one of my own. A true, honest to goodness, antique look-a-like sampler. You will be able to make it for a lot less than $35,000 when it comes out. That is a guarantee!

http://www.antiquesamplers.com/
http://www.thegentleart.com/ga/home.asp
http://adultadd.info/adult-add/what-is-adult-add/

No comments:

Post a Comment